[3830] CQWW SSB W1DYJ SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 14:59:12 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   16     6       10
   40:   35     8       24
   20:   80    23       61
   15:   73    19       59
   10:   68    15       52

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

100% S&P
Log: N3FJP's CQ WW DX Contest Log Ver 4.8
Rig: TS-2000
Antennas:
  160  shortened 80M dipole @ 7m (it doesn't really load)
   80  shortened 80M dipole @ 7m (sort of works)
   40  40M dipole @ 7m (too low)
	[the above three are a modified Alpha Delta DX-CC]
   20  HB Moxon @ 12m (Fine)
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 11m (just OK)
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 10m (only really competitive antenna)

As usual, my goal was to hit a personal best of 350K+.
I badly missed it.  Lost both afternoons to family stuff,
did not get up early enough to take advantage of early
openings.  I also spent too much time chasing mults and not
enough time just running down the band map.

160 (with no antenna), 80, 40, and 20 were about normal for
countries, zones, and Qs.  15 and 10 were about normal for
countries and zones, but down in total Qs.

Mostly, I just didn't stay in the chair enough.