[3830] CQWW SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 17:50:14 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: State College, PA

  160:   13     5        5
   80:  200    18       64
   40:  281    23       77
   20:  348    31       95
   15:  530    29      105
   10:  839    27      103

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Seems like the wrong weekend to try LP. Had a hard time figuring out when to
run/crawl or when it was better just to tune with both radios. Think I got
better at some point but then the contest suddenly ended :) Guess I will need
to do it again next year to figure out whether LP is a better match for my
phone skills or I need to keep downshifting.
Took a lot of beating towards SA/Caribbean. Well beyond the maximum frustration
point. On the other hand, long haul DX was not only much easier but also much
more rewarding emotionally.

Thanks to Jim, WA3FET for letting me use the station again and making sure
everything works.

CU in CQWW CW. I'll be the weak one again :)

73, Alex LZ4AX