[3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 18:44:40 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 16:47

   80: 1125    12       65
Total: 1125    12       65  Total Score = 93,555

I lost rotator position control. Spare part was delivered just on Friday
afternoon before the contest and I didn't have time to climb to tower to repair
it. I decided to prefer of enjoy of the contesting in front of the tired man,
hi. So SOSB 80m HP was the choice. Unfortunately 80m dipole in parking position
is beaming 90° out of NA.

Conditions were interesting, quite high number of QSO compared to operating
time, but low number of 3-points. Few nice pileups of rates over 300 QSO/h
(last 10 QSO). Band was covered by permanent QRM of S9 spletters and most of
signals was a bit over this QRM. Few stations of wide signal, using for
cleaning of the surrounding of its CQ frequency...

Thanks to all participants. See you in CW next month.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest
 UltraBeam UB ONE rotator

Antenna:
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m