[3830] CQWW SSB K3CCR(N3UM) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 22:31:00 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: MD

   80:   62    10       30
   40:   86    14       40
   20:  208    21       79
   15:  189    19       64
   10:  168    17       60

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For
the CQ WW SSB only N3UM was available to operate, and only
for 17.7 hours. Propagation and activity were good on all
bands, better than expected on 10 and 15 m. since SFI was
only moderate. Did S&P on the low bands and initially on
the high, but was able to run EUs on the 3 high bands on
the second day. Our inverted V on 40 m. performed well: we
worked 9K2, A71, and YD. High bands were quite good to the
mideast: worked A61, A71, and A92.  Had to QRT 16-23 Z Sun.
In the very last hour a "Classic" multiplier crawl on 10
and then 15 m. found 4 new zones and 8 new countries.  On
20 m. at 23:57 Z I got KH6 in zone 31 and then at 23:59:18 Z
logged JA in zone 25 for 4 mults in those last 3 minutes. Fun.