[3830] CQWW SSB N1EU SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 08:37:48 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Delmar, NY

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   17     8       14
   40:   65    16       49
   20:  198    32      107
   15:  291    30      117
   10:  462    29      112

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

About 20 hours of putzing around in my least favorite mode, reached my goal of
1000 Qs.  Condx seemed quite good on the higher bands.  I still haven't totally
exorcised my wet weather gremlin in the 3-el SteppIR so I lost the yagi in
Saturday night's rain and didn't recover it until about noon Sunday.  Limited
low band antennas, haven't gotten around to fixing all the broken wires.  I
couldn't believe how crowded 15M was Sunday afternoon (after 10M started
closing to EU).  Europeans running on top of Europeans running on top of
Europeans.  I'm sold on the superiority of direct sampling receivers, making
the mess listenable.  I look forward to Icom introducing a new line of DDC/DUC
hf xcvrs.

ANAN-100D DDC/DUC xcvr, Acom 2000A amp
3-el SteppIR @ 60ft
low 40m dipole
half-broken 160/80m wire vertical

Thanks for all the q's and sorry for those I couldn't pull out

73, Barry N1EU