[3830] CQWW SSB M6T(@G0KPW) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 14:12:17 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G0AEV G0VJG G1KAW G4ADM G4BUO M0MDR M0TBS M0TGV M1ACB
Station: G0KPW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Suffolk, England

  160:  185     8       49
   80: 1142    18       85
   40: 1011    27      100
   20: 1649    38      121
   15: 1618    38      133
   10:  929    37      145

After several years when the station was only used for the occasional single op
entry, we have put together a new team at M6T with only myself and Steve G0AEV
remaining from the old multi-multi days.

Station owner Bob G4BAH was very pleased to see us put the station back on the
air as multi-op, and with a less experienced crew we posted a good score in our
first outing on SSB as multi-2.

All the team contributed to the rebuild/repair activities in the week before
the contest, plus cranking up five 100ft towers, four of them with hand
winches. Station setup went well, and with the new K3/Acom combo there was no
inter-station interference apart from the inevitable problem when you’re too
close to a harmonic. Unfortunately we were not able to rebuild the 3 element
40m beam in the time available and we definitely felt uncompetitive on that zoo
of a band with only a 402CD.

Funniest moment was Nobby G0VJG screaming at a mult which was proving much
harder to work than expected, he made it in the end and then discovered he was
wearing the wrong headset and the mic that was actually connected to the rig
was lying on the floor several feet away. Clearly we weren’t running as much
compression as some of the signals heard over the weekend. As well as great HF
conditions, the highlight was the roast pork dinner cooked for the team by
Andrew G4ADM on Sunday.

Dave G4BUO

160m dipole up 90ft, beverage
80m 4-square, dipole up 90ft
40m 402CD up 100ft, delta loop
20m 204CD up 100ft, Bencher Skyhawk up 100ft
15m 155BA up 100ft
10m 7 element up 100ft
K3+Acom 2000 on each station
Win-Test