[3830] CQWW SSB G5W(5B4WN) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 16:24:31 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G5W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: G3BJ

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH:

  160:   60     6       38
   80:  234    11       42
   40:  199    16       58
   20:  379    26       71
   15:  770    28       93
   10:  702    27       92

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Another great contest in a very civilised category!

Once again Don G3BJ and Hilary G4JKS very kindly agreed to host me for this
one! I left a busy day at work to arrive at the station with 6 hrs to go!
Following much discussion about MS vs SOAB, we decided on the latter! With
having to be back to work first thing on Monday, doing a 48hour contest was not
going to be realistic hence opting for the classic category!

Following some research of the Geographic Propagation tools in Club Log, I
quickly formulated a strategy on which hours and which bands to operate which
proved to be pretty accurate!

Overall, the contest was great fun and conditions were surprisingly good! Some
good runs to NA especially on Sunday. I run, S&Ped a lot, slept and even
exercised! Best of all, I finished the 24 hours and I did not feel tired at
all.

A million thanks to Don and Hilary for putting up with my shouting and once
again being great hosts for the weekend!

CU In CQ WW CW

73s
Marios
G0WWW/5B4WN