[3830] CQWW SSB PJ2T M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 28 09:01:00 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): DK3DM DL8OBQ IK7YTT VA7AM W1ASB N4QQ N4RV W0CG N0YY
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao

  160:   183    14       27
   80:   662    70       26
   40:  1928    30      107
   20:  2900    37      136
   15:  3899    34      127
   10:  3861    30      122
-------------------------------

Great contest!  Interesting conditions.

This was the year of rebuilding the interior of PJ2T.  This included new
operating positions and a new, more flexible antenna switching system.  Both
proved themselves this weekend.  It was great fun preparing and learning all
the new capabilities.

Hurricane Patricia wreaked havoc on low band conditions and the sun didn't help
either with different noise, fading, etc.  But we too whatever was thrown at us
- including a 64 minute power outage in the middle of the night.  Sure we had a
backup generator - but getting it on line and running low power during the low
band chase was sobering.

The great news is that all the station changes worked flawlessly.  WinTest was
flawless.  Everything held together.

Probably the best part of the contest was the camaraderie of our international
team.  We all learn from each other and enjoy the different life experiences
each brings to the table.

IF I had one thing I would like to see improved it would be dupe performance.
We experienced a 2.5% dupe rate.  We worked some stations two or three times in
a span of 20 minutes - was it bad packet spots?  Logging issues?  Never sure -
but in a pile-up those dupes don't help.

Thanks for all the QSOs and a great contest.