[3830] CQWW SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 29 13:21:55 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados

  160:    69     7       23
   80:   543    18       79
   40:  1638    28      101
   20:  2019    33      108
   15:  2769    33      114
   10:  3286    30      111
-------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A bunch of new hardware and software, pouring the base for a tower to replace an
old rusty one, my wife doing her third half marathon the prior Sunday, and the
baseball playoffs all made for a busy time.  None of the projects went
perfectly and the net is that I went into he contest more tired, less ready and
the station less stable than usual.  While I did lose one of the  new home brew
solid state amps at about 26 hours, the contest started well with a 400 hour
and the rate stayed strong all weekend.

The high bands were great but the low bands had very high noise levels.  The
first night it was even hard to work other Caribbean stations on 160.  Despite
the noise, propagation on 80 was very good with some sustained European runs.

The amp notwithstanding, the rest of the station was flawless and the only
limit was the operator.

Great fun to break 10K Q's again.  Thanks to all for the Q's and the moves.

Thank to my wife Kathleen for all of her support.  This week was particularly
hard.

QSL vis LoTW or NN1N

73, Tom W2SC