[3830] KsQP N0N(N0NB) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Sep 5 09:32:25 EDT 2015

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: N0N
Operator(s): N0NB
Station: N0NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bremen, KS

   80:   31      7
   40:   84     63
   20:  171    139     36
----------------------------
Total:  292    209     36  Mults = 53  Total Score = 74,306

Random thoughts:

Poorer band conditions with my low wires left me without any DX in the log
until Sunday and even then I could only must 10.  I worked more KS (13) than
DX!

Fought an RFI issue on the fan dipole on 40m on Saturday and finally minimized
it by lowering the microphone compression on the K3.  Of course no issue on
CW.

PSK31 operators in general seem not to have an appreciation for someone trying
to make quick contacts.

CW was my money mode so I worked it as much as possible.

Missed KS0KS AGAIN even though the mobile ops activating it on CW went within
five miles of here late Sunday, but were working as N0T and had a pileup going
so I went back to calling.

I still find the last three hours on Sunday a test of my will and stamina.

75m was quiet Saturday evening and netted me the NE section.  A later run on
80m was productive but short lived.  It seems most activity stays on 40m and up
which limited the close-in contacts this year.  Thanks to those ops who found me
on 80/75m.

Being on our own weekend clearly made us among the most popular stations on the
bands along with the Katrina special event stations.  I missed Alaska, Rhode
Island, and Wyoming of the US states.

Thanks to all who made this happen, especially Bob, W0BH.