[3830] All Asian SSB W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 6 21:16:12 EDT 2015

                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA

   80:    1     1
   15:    8     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  112    85  Total Score = 9,605

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a brutal contest.

I never heard a JA on 15M.  During our normal JA Window on 15M, no JAs were
spotted and calling CQ on 15M with the antenna pointed at Japan was futile.  I
heard VUs and 4S on 15M, but they couldn't hear me.  Virtually nobody could
hear me on the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. call.  I
eventually would work them, but it wasn't easy.  The only 80M Q was from P3F-
thanks for the move!  I did manage to work 40 JAs, 21 UA9/0s, 10 HS, 9 4X, and
a smattering of other calls, none of it easy.  A European with 100 watts and a
vertical was louder into HZ than I was.  Had 2 hours with a rate over 10: a 19
and a 17.  BTW, the A index was 20 the first day (K of 3 most of the day), and
the A index "dropped" to a 13 for the second day.

Such is life.  It was a stroke of genius that I installed a TV set at the
operating position earlier last week; at least I had something to do while I
was S&P or calling CQ.  Oh well, it was still kinda fun, in a perverse
way.

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of great station, and to all the Asians that
eventually copied my signal.

Dennis W1UE