[3830] TnQP W4UT SO FixedCW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 7 16:35:44 EDT 2015

                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W4UT
Operator(s): W4UT
Station: W4UT

Class: SO FixedCW QRP
QTH: TN

  160:
   80:   45     0       0      32
   40:  118     0       0      59
   20:   36     0       0      24
-----------------------------------
Total:  199     0       0     115  Total Score = 68,855

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Station:  KX3 @ 5W with tribander and dipoles.
I started on 20M, but it was very slow going as conditions were very poor here.
 I only managed to make 33 Qs on 20 after about 2 hours.  I gave up and moved to
40M where I had better results.  40 was much better than 20, but there was deep
QSB on some signals.  Running QRP I was surprised that some of the mobiles
could hear me.  In a lot of cases, they couldn't hear me in the crowd but
occasionally I got through.  I managed to work: N4ZZ (7), W4NZ (5), NY4N (4)
and W4SIG (2)

It was a lot of fun but I hope conditions are better next year.  Thanks to all
that heard me calling CQ.

Ron  W4UT