[3830] KsQP N0U(NU0Q) Mobile SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 9 23:27:12 EDT 2015

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: N0U
Operator(s): NU0Q
Station: N0U

Class: Mobile SO CW LP
QTH:

   15:     1
----------------------------
Total:  1066    0       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 166,296

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another great party!  We made fewer stops for sight-seeing this year resulting
in more QSOs.  Still, we took a total of 4 hours off for lunch, dinner, gas,
etc.  We were way ahead of schedule on both days, so we improvised at the end
of each day and worked in a few more counties.  Didn't work any DX on Saturday,
and only 1 DX QSO on Sunday, so maybe my signal is a little weaker than others.
Also, only 1 QSO (Arizona) on 15 meters, also on Sunday.  Smoke from wildfires
out west made the full moon very red Saturday night, and then dense fog on
Sunday morning slowed us down at first, but otherwise the weather was great.
I'm not using the TurboTuner anymore, so I don't have to slow the serial port
down to 110 baud between the radio and the computer anymore, which made the
logging software much happier.  I did have to reinstall the serial port driver
for the Winkeyer, and that caused a bit of a late start on Saturday, but once
everything was working, it was great!  The best moment was giving N4PN his last
county (Sumter) for the sweep.  I appreciated all the QSOs, and thanks to
everyone for following us around.