[3830] WAE SSB W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 13 20:54:55 EDT 2015

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:   0     0      0
   40:   8     0      8
   20:  28    10     21
   15:   2    20      1
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:  38    30     30  Total Score = 4,624

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't even try running since my low power was not heard by most stations I
called.

Our VE7CC cluster set-up was logged in under our Field Day GOTA call, K6SU.  I
spotted quite a few EU stations that weren't already in the bandmap from
cluster spots.  A few stations clearly rotated antennas when they saw the spot
from K6SU.  One was bold enough to ask if the K6 was listening but despite my
repeated calls as W6YX he never heard me.

Most of my weekend was taken up by family activities and operating in the NA CW
Sprint (with an amp).  I tried to operate in WAE SSB during the times that I
recalled were best in the WAE CW contest but propagation was very different.

I heard only 6 European stations on 15 meters.  CR1IZ and CU4DX in Azores were
loud, workable, and copied my QTCs.  DJ7EO, PI4DX, IR4X and EC2DX could
probably all have been worked with high power but I didn't even get a QRZ or
partial call from any of them.

73,
-Mike, N7MH