[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N2SLO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 14 20:24:44 EDT 2015

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N2SLO
Operator(s): N2SLO
Station: N2SLO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20+

  1.2:    9     3
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  165    67  Total Score = 15,554

Good contest, highest score for a September VHF. The conditions were poor,
except for an E's on Saturday night to the South- worked a quick pile up. The
antenna work I did helped on 432 and 1296, but hurt on 2M. Stations were
hearing me but I was not able to copy (FN12, FM8, etc. The 8 element quad was
lower by 10 feet, a huge drop. My ears are not great to start due to location.
I am settling on a Yagi- will get it up on the new masting and rotor with mast
mounted pre-amp, should significantly help in receive. No FM29's this contest,
an FM27 and an FN 44. Well balanced Q's across the bands.