[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 16 10:43:11 EDT 2015

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT

  1.2:   43    20
  2.3:
  3.4:   17    12
  5.7:    7     6
  10G:    4     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  692   225  Total Score = 252,450

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Went to work my first 2.3 QSO and found the rig was not working. Cranked the
tower down, got up on a ladder and worked for 3 hours trying to fix it to no
avail. Missed most of the 6M opening and wasted a lot of time and energy. 10G
also had an unknown problem. Lot's of work to do. Noise on 2M that has plagued
me since Mid-2014 continued without a break during the contest, wiping out 250
degs to 330 degrees for all but the strongest stations. This was a tough
one.....

Rover qso's were way down this year. Just a few years ago there were 4 or 5
rovers that were workable on 7 - 10 bands in 4 or more grids for me. They all
are no longer on, which has a major impact on the score, especially reducing
microwave results. Tnx to those who did go out, especially with the rainy
weather here in the Northeast this weekend (after almost no rain for the last
month).

As I will be doing the contest write up again, I would love to get reports on
the 6 meter opening and any other enhancement worked over the weekend. Also,
since this was the first Sept contest with the new rules allowing greater
communication options during the contest, I would be very interested to know
how it changed operating approaches,and how it impacted your score. I know that
I used ping jockey some this time around and also called a few rovers when
needed, both things I did not utilize in June.

Tnx for the QSO's.

Jeff K1TEO