[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Sep 18 01:35:46 EDT 2015

                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 18

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   3      2
   80:   1      1
   40:   8      7
   20:  10      9
   15:   0      0
Total:  22     19  Total Score = 418

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Temporarily the 40 and 80m antenna is on the ground in preparation for cutting
the last pine tree located near our house. Co-incidentally this tree interferes
with the 40m DE Zepp, which will now be higher and more in the clear.  Rest of
the trees are oak, slow burning and not a  serious threat to the house.  So xyl
sees this is a fire-safety action prompted by the weekend's horrendous Valley
fire rather than an antenna enhancement project.  On Sunday, awaiting
evacuation orders, furiously cleared oak leaves from the roof, got curtains
down from the windows, packed the cats etc etc.  In the end we stayed put.  Six
of our friends lost a total of 8 houses in nearby communities that you've all
heard about on the news.

I owe great thanks to K6NV for the very useful advice over several years. Bob
visited here a few years ago and knows the house well.

Was able to beg about 25 watts out of 80m inv L on 40m; some of you with good
ears worked me.  While this antenna loaded beautifully on 80m, radiation must
have been pretty much vertical, as my only QSO was with K6MR.

Could hear many stations on 160m, including NO3M, but of course no joy.

73 Bill n6zfo