[3830] SAC CW W1WBB SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 20 15:04:58 EDT 2015

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): ~5

   20:  51     32
   15:  26     19
Total:  77     51  Total Score = 6,579

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Quite challenging condx with high K-index throughout.  80m sigs were very poor;
no QSOs there.  QSOs: 66% on 20m; 34% on 40m.  Total of 71 unique Scandinavian
calls worked -- only six stations worked for 2-band QSOs.  Worked some stations
on 40m well before my sunset...but many, many fewer stations there during
darkness and near their sunrise than expected for 3-pt QSOs to NA.  Where were
they on 40m CW?  Combination of lousy conditions and fewer low-band
participants, I guess?

Thanks to the many Scandinavians who did get on-air...from an American with
Norwegian/Danish ancestry.  Good to work JW2US on EU-063...new IOTA for me!
Let's hope for much improved band conditions for SAC SSB and SAC 2016.

Icom 706 MKIIG @ 100w; Hexbeam on 20m up at 32 ft; 88 ft wire doublet up above
40 feet for 40m; N1MM+ Logger; K1EL WinKeyer USB and Vibroplex Deluxe Paddle.

73,  W1WBB