[3830] SAC CW K8MFO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 20 16:19:20 EDT 2015

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio

   80:    5     3
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  162    56  Total Score = 12,880

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

As others have pointed out the conditions were challenging!     Last year I made
336 QSOs, including 111 on 15 and 4 on 10.    This year was a total WASHOUT on
those bands.    Last year I had 72 QSOs on 40, but couldn't even make half that
this year!    Ohio was not the place to be  ... people from the East, South, and
even sometimes the West humbled me!

All this being said, its always a pleasure to touch keys with Scandinavian
friends.  The operating is always first class, and its fun to exchange HEI,
HEJ, and HELLO OM with so many people that I know.    I operated my first SAC
CW in 1959, making 5 QSOs, and I always look forward to the event.

So, even when one is bruised, battered, and humbled, you always treasure the
time in front of the radio.

K3, AL-82, Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet, inverted L on 80.

73

Don K8MFO in Amish Ohio