[3830] Salmon Run VE7JH SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 20 20:53:39 EDT 2015

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7JH

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Vancouver Island
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   49     77
   40:   44     33
   20:   32     14
    6:    1      1
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  133    125      0  Mults = 39  Total Score = 27,311

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

I operated from my VHF portable QTH with an ICOM-706mkIIg and an offset dipole
on 80/40. I put up a new-to-me TH6DXX about 20' though I did not get much use
out of it with the poor conditions on the high bands.
I kept at it till noon on Sunday when there was a break in the rain and wind so
I could safely tear down the station.
Funny how county hunting works, at 03:12 I needed 3 more. Here is my log
extract:
That's a sweep of the 39 counties at 8:30 PM Saturday. Pretty sweet.

My QTH is 35 miles from Washington state so it was mainly a low band affair. I
did pick up quite a few stations on 20m, pretty much all on groundwave as my
4000' portable location is all clear towards Puget Sound.

Did not have too much luck with the mobiles this time, except with K7TQ whom I
caught 9 times on his "top-of-the-hour-40m-CW" skeds. Thanks Randy!
WW7D gave me 4 QSOs.

WB7UZO's 40m and 80m round table kept me occupied Saturday night yielding quite
a few contacts.

Thanks to all who came out and were able to copy my signal.