[3830] Salmon Run K5YAA SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 20 21:35:38 EDT 2015

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:   36      2      0
   20:  105     34      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  141     36      0  Mults = 34  Total Score = 17,830

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Quite a number of Salmon swimming upstream much of the time. A flair out on
Sunday afternoon put pressure even on the 6el 20 mono yagi looking right at WA.
I didn't see a limit on how many you could catch. I tossed most back a kind of
catch and release thing. Several 5 pounders but many were 2 pounds or less.

Nice to work Rod W7OM. When I asked SSB he accomodated me and we even tried 15
CW. No joy and no signals all weekend on 15 either WA, SC or NJ. Just wouldn't
open but 40 surprised in all parties with signals midday from each.

WW7D is fast on the SSB moves thanks Darryl. 5 seconds even on winding roads
and that 40 meter SSB move of yours was nice and the only 40 SSB Qs I had. Nice
to hear K7SS, N7WA and K7WA stalwarts from the NW. Others too, workhorses on 20
CW.

The score has 1,000 bonus points for W7DX on CW and SSB. No RTTY effort made.

Thanks to the Western Washington DX Club for sponsoring the run. A good one
each year.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Alpha 9500 6el n 20 and 3el on 40. Both needed what with the QSB at
times.