[3830] Salmon Run K7TQ MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 21 16:58:13 EDT 2015

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K7TQ
Operator(s): K7TQ WA0WWW
Station: K7TQ

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: WA

  160:
   80:   33     0       0
   40:  106     0       0
   20:  355     0       0
   15:    6     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  500     0       0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 103,500

Club: Spokane DX Association

Comments:

Jay, WA0WWW, and I activated all 20 counties east of the Cascade divide. We had
several regular customers who followed us around both days. Five stations, N6MU
(CA), WA2VYA (TX), K2SSS (NY), KE0G (MN), and K9CW (IL), caught us in 10 or more
counties.  BEN along the Columbia River was especially tough because the high
power transmission lines from McNary Dam made for S8+ noise.  I'm sure we
missed several there.  Next year we'll take a different route through BEN.

It sure is more fun to operate from flat-ish wheat field country like GRAN and
LIN than the mountainous, signal eating country like FER and KITT.  Stations
would be S9 plus when they called and gone by the end of us sending our
exchange.  More lost stations, but we'll be back in those tougher counties next
year.

The log shows 201 calls worked us over the two days.  Thanks to all who stopped
by and especially the regulars whom we could count on when we entered a new
county.