[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WE7X/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 22 02:30:58 EDT 2015

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: WE7X/R
Operator(s): WE7X/R
Station: WE7X/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Oregon

    6:  12      4
    2:  19      5
  222:   9      4
  432:  14      4
  903:  15      4
  1.2:   9      4
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  78     30  Total Score = 4,560

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Roving in dusty dry SE Oregon grids DN02, DN03, DN04, DN12, and DN13, withing
radio range of virtually no place, but I did manage to work into CN94
(HD7HB)while using KB6KQ loop antennas and barefoot radios. HT's provided
contacts between grids on the 903 and 1296 bands, with WA5VJB cheap yagis or
rubber ducky antennas.  It is amazing how far a 1 watt signal will travel over
the desert rolling hills. Other than that, it was only KE7IHG in DN02, high on
a mountain; and Barry (K7BWH/R)with whom I planned the trip; accounted for
nearly 70 of those contacts as we wandered the area.  There were places where
it was 90+ miles to any gas, groceries, or accessible shade.