[3830] TxQP K5TYR Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 27 17:38:51 EDT 2015

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5TYR
Operator(s): WM5Q K5LXK W5MCT KG5BWP WJ5Z K5BDL KC5KCT
Station: K5TYR

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: TX

   40:   8     198
   20:         266
   15:          11
    2:           1
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   8     476      0  Mults = 140  Total Score = 136,640

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Portable operation from our Field Day site with a trimmed-down version of the
Field Day station, more casual, only one transmitter per band this time. Had a
bunch of local hams and visitors come by the site, and everyone had a good
time. 15 meters was useless Saturday, 3 QSOs with Canada in half an hour of
CQing, a little better Sunday. Good rates on 20 and 40. Had to improvise around
a broken headset - the only piece of equipment we didn't test beforehand,
naturally. Lots of fun, thanks for all the QSOs, looking forward to next year.

TA33 at 30 ft, 40 wire at 25 ft. 100 wts from MkV Field, MP, and FT990. Inrad
triplexer, Hamation bandpass filters. Icom 746 and a stack of two HO loops on
144.