[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA2UP SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 27 22:40:57 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Lasalle

   80:  241       47      32    10
   40:  760        7      68    20
   20:  701       46      86    27
   15:  737       29      82    24
   10:   11        0       8     5
------------------------------------
Total: 2450      175     276    86  Total Score = 3,430,356

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

We were lucky after all. Conditions turned in our favor so that we could enjoy
another CQWW. Sure we have seen better just thinking of my best personal in
this one back in 2012 with over 800 Qs on 10M but hey it could have been ugly
so ...Thanks Mr. Sun.
Had a very good time on 80, always amazed with my limited antenna system
whenever the band plays well.  Ran the first half unassisted until on a system
reboot the cluster automatically logged on and operated without thinking. Oh
well look at all these spots in the bandmaps, such pretty colors too , uhg ,
well I guess we'll keep that on ha ha! So I was LP, assisted and vaccinated.
Runs were so so but the guys were generally cooperative and left me alone in my
little running spot without pushing me around too much, thanks. Some of you
though remind me of my dog whenever I'm having lunch, he comes very very close
to my chair to get a little something so, bring your own cookies and if you
can't fit between 2 stations well do like we do, move north you know up there
in the 14.140Mhz and up :) NOTE: bands are not stretchable...bet you didn't
know eh?.
We survived another one but... barely.
BTW I have experimented a bit and changed the CQ macro with mycall only sent
once (WW VA2UP CQ)in so2r of course , I love it. So much faster and brings down
the answering delay by quite a bit. More chance to play with the so2r timing.
RBN spots are not affected. Something the so1r guys might appreciate. Tell me
what you think, I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks all and good rest.
73, Fabi va2up