[3830] CQ WW RTTY W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 28 02:01:08 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

   80:   10       7        2     3
   40:   50      23        5     6
   20:   66      21       25    17
   15:  191      30       58    23
   10:   24       4       11    11
------------------------------------
Total:  341      85      101    60  Total Score = 182,040

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION:

Radio: Yeasu FT-817, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  40-80 Meters: Butternut HF-2V Vertical

Conditions were pretty bad the first day, but were much better on Sunday. 10
Meters never showed much life and I never heard a European station out here in
San Diego.

My best Q by far was HZ1PS. Thanks to him for having everyone standby while he
finally copied the weak W6 station on 15 M!

10 M Working 3D2KM was a thrill from the normal So American propagation.
15 M FW5JJ, E51AAR and YD9SBP
20 M E51AAR and a couple of zone 18 which are always difficult for me.

My daughter and our 2 1/2 yr old grandson came down for a week long visit and
that really cut into operating time! I was surprised to see that I ended up
with 25.9 hours at the radio. Fortunately, much of that time included all
Sunday morning when conditions were best.

I wound up with DXCC of 63 and a WAZ of 26.  I only tried to CQ a couple times
and was unsuccessful, making no Qs.

I love this contest. Do it right and you hardly have to type at all! All the
dupes and needed mults pop right out at you on the screen!

See you at the WWDX SSB next month.

73,   Bill Parker W8QZA - W6QU