[3830] CQ WW RTTY WO7V SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 28 10:51:33 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

   80:
   40:   50      13      17    13
   20:  152      30      38    19
   15:  199      19      34    20
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  401      62      89    52  Total Score = 195,286

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My first real contest at this QTH in southern Oregon.  I finally got my force-12
beam up on the crank up tower.  I stayed on 20 meters for the first 24 hours
then finally worked a few on 40m.  On Friday night 20m never really crapped out
to Europe, I just got tired around midnight and went to bed.  However conditions
could have been better and were much improved on Sunday where I spent all day on
15m.  However my biggest problem on Saturday was mostly my inability to keep the
butt in the chair; the most important contesting rule!  For the last 4 hours of
the contest I tuned to the top end of the rtty band away from the bullys on
15m, pointed my antenna toward Japan, flipped the run switch and worked one
after another until the end of the contest.  Those Japanese hams are so polite,
they understand that if they step on one another I won't decode any calls and it
will slow everything down.  They all waited their turn and I have very little
difficulty working them all.  The thing that always amazes me is how many calls
I get off the back of the beam from south america.  Oh well, if they can hear me
I can work them.  Over all this was a very enjoyable contest and I always look
forward to this one.  I consider it the start of contesting season.  I won't be
in the next one as I hate phone contests but I'll certainly the cw contest after
Thanksgiving.