[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB(A)/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 28 13:43:19 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB(A)/15 LP
QTH: 8P

   15:  465      49      57    18
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  465      49      57    18  Total Score = 142,228

Unfortunately many family and other commitments made it impossible to compete
strongly as it was just impossible to operate for any length of time and indeed
missed the most important EU openings.

Still, took the opportunity to play for a bit and hand out the 8P mult to the
deserving (or the lucky). Had good fun and experimented a bit with antennas. I
used a full sized 40m vertical and my C3E antenna along with an R4 - which
didn't really get used. That allowed me to work in a couple different
directions with reasonable signals. The 3/4 wave vertical was quite effective
and I used it for a larger number of Q's than I had anticipated. The verticl
and horizontal antennas kept fading under control and using mmtty and 2-tone
really reduced the need for repeats.

No real big moments just looking forward to the rest of the season. Propagation
seemed just fine!!

Thanks to all the stations that worked me. See you in the next contest.

73, Dean - 8P2K/8P6SH