[3830] CQ WW RTTY IZ4AFW(@IO4W) SOSB(A)/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 28 15:08:57 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IZ4AFW
Operator(s): IZ4AFW
Station: IO4W

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: nr. Bologna
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1236      55      111    35
------------------------------------
Total: 1236      55      111    35  Total Score = 648,225

Because of a minor damage to my crank-up tower I have been unsure about
participating to the contest until the last minute. Then I decided to try a
single-band effort on 20m with the main tower cranked-down.
This way, the main antenna was only about 4 meters high from the ground.
My expectations have been far exceeded, as I have been able to work many, many
stations anyway. This is the contest magic!
Missed zones 2, 23, 34, 37 and 39, and DC, ID, ND, SD, LB, NT, NU, YT.
Got SK, AR and MT literally a bunch of minutes before the contest's
end...thanks guys :)
Thanks anyone who worked me (or tried to). CU soon!!
Fabio IZ4AFW / IO4W / NZ1W