[3830] TxQP K5GQ/ Multi-Op Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 30 22:59:12 EDT 2015

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5GQ/
Operator(s): K5GQ WC5D
Station: K5GQ

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  937     0       0  Mults = 1  Total Score = 937

Club: Northwest Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

I need to manually figure the score WriteLog does not handle the working a
multiple county intersection. How to manually figure the multipliers is not
listed on the TX QSO site.
worked
States 	 37
Counties 53
DX	4

Qs	937

Was glad I was able to find a cw operator/ driver, thanks Van, WC5D. Also, for
those that spotted me and followed, thanks. I really enjoyed times of very high
Q rate!
Saturday, we were a Multi-OP mobile with a single rig. Just two hams sharing
operating & driving. Sunday I was a mobile cw only operator.
A couple of weeks before TQP, the driver/cw operator had a family emergency and
could not make it. I asked Chuck, NO5W, if he knew anyone who would want to go
on short notice. (WC5D, Evan Hodgden  was contacted and accepted.) We changed
the route to return to Gainesville Saturday. We were on the way to a three
county spot when the contest started. Band conditions were sick, not get many
takers, COOK, DENT & MONT. In Wichita Falls the computer said we had 10
minutes of battery life. A quick stop to Best Buy for an inverter. (The one I
had since the early 2000s ran a two stations /m coming in 2nd .) No other
equipment problems.  Toward the end of the day we camped out at a four county
spot and enjoyed giving out Qs. On the way back Van found a different route to
pick up two different counties. Sunday I headed back to Houston stopping at
Kaufman /Dallas county first and then every county line until 3pm.
Every software designer aims to the large audience. The number of Texas
stations that camp on a county line, or operate mobile and stop at county lines
to operate is NOT in their best interest. I used Writelog.   It failed to export
the “d” in the duplicates in the log. Some of the duplicate were fixed and
not a duplicate.  When working on a county line, I would send separate
exchanges for each county but log it as the same county. (To put the correct
county in would require the time I could make a Q or two!)
Ended up with slightly over 1000 Qs. I have spent 4 hours working on the export
of the log from Writelog .  Now down to 930 after removing the duplicate Qs.
Mobiles
N4CD    12Q / 7 CNTY
N5NA     5Q/ 5 CNTY
KS5A     3Q