[3830] IOTA OG5A M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Aug 3 15:34:39 EDT 2016

IOTA Contest

Call: OG5A
Operator(s): OH5GIO OH5GE OH5FVY OH5EP
Station: OG5A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Hamina

   80:   79       23       7        7
   40:  106       23     175       41
   20:  238       44     420       59
   15:   66       12      40       17
   10:    1        1       3        3
Total:  490      103     645      127  Total Score = 2,114,850

Nice IOTA-contest again, my favorite contest. I would only change exchange
shorter, like in the CQ WW where you don't have to say serial number but only
the CQ zone (in this IOTA-number).

We were located in EU-140 Nuokot island. Team of 4 hams and one XYL helping.

Antennas and equipment:
Main station:
K3 + ACOM 1010 ~600W
Cushcraft A4S 12m AGL
Spiderbeam 18m fiberglass pole with 80, 40 vertical GP at sea level

Multiplier station:
Kenwood TS-480SAT 100W
OCF-dipole 80-10m

Both stations were behind 2,5kW generator. No electricity on the island.

Contest went better than in any year before with this team, we used the
multiplier station much more efficient and also 40m band. 10 and 15 were quite
poor this year. We also undestood more of propagation. But still much to
improve in the future... :) Thanks for all, se you next time! 73 de Simo OH5GIO