[3830] NAQP CW KH6TU(AD6E) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 02:48:44 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KH6TU
Operator(s): AD6E
Station: KH6TU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HI

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  393    98  Total Score = 38,514

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #5

Comments:

NCCC team #5

Amazing that NCCC fielded NINE teams. That's amazing!

I skated out of my VE responsibilities this morning so I could spend a couple
more hours of 20 / hour rate.  No 10 meters out here. If 15 is the new 10 then
it's also fading out fast.

I started monitoring RBN to see how my signals are being heard over NA. Quite
useful. I set the filter for only KH6 calls.

The amazing thing was that near my late afternoon, (after dark in CA) 15 opened
up. I was seeing KH6RS beacon spots on 15!.  Just for fun I went to 21030 on a
completely dead band and CQed for about 5 minutes. No QSOs, but I got RBN
reports with excellent signal strength from all over NA. The band opened up but
no one was there!

Rig:  K3 + P3 for Radio 1,  K3 for Radio 2  SO2R set up and working now but
Radio 1 died and wont' transmit so it was effectively SO1R this time.
3 element SteppIR at 70 feet
80 vertical, 2 element 20 vertical array (not used much)