[3830] NAQP CW K1TN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 05:12:51 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida

   80:    2     2
Total:  141    62  Total Score = 8,742

Club:

Team:

Comments:

SNAFU. What a disaster. Signals were so weak I quit after 26 QSOs. Sometimes
that's just the way it is with my puny wire-in-a-tree, especially in the
summer. About 2300Z I went for a walk and looked up -- no wire in the tree. It
was just hanging from the second-storey window. Most of it was lying in the
bushes but my auto tuner had tuned it up fine. No golf ball on the end. I taped
a new golf ball to the wire and slung it back up in the tree and suddenly there
were actual signals on the radio. At least this happened when all my neighbors
have gone home for the summer, so I can pretty much make a spectacle of myself
outside.

Jim K1TN