[3830] NAQP CW K4XL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 09:03:55 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Amherst, VA

   15:    9     5
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  455   131  Total Score = 59,605

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Southwest VA 2

Comments:

This is always a fun contest.  My fun was somewhat spoiled by a series of very
loud and bright thunderstorms that seemed to slowly pass over my QTH during
prime time.  I had no trouble in keeping to the 10 hr limit, although I would
have preferred to take my breaks during less productive times!  Managed one Q
on 10 and a bunch on 160 and the rest in between.  Lesson learned:  Despite the
fact that most action is on the keyboard, you need to clean the contacts on your
key because you will need it and it can cause some embarrassment!  With all the
static, I missed a few calls and probably busted a few too.  Apologies to the
victims and thanks to all the others for the Qs.