[3830] NAQP CW N9RV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 10:07:38 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1029   174  Total Score = 179,046

Club:

Team: Big Sky Contesters Mountains

Comments:

This contest sure exposed the rust.  Had a weird headphone problem to start the
contest.  Am still working on rotor repairs on one of my towers, made a tower
climb to put things back together during the contest.  Hey, its summer.

Just was going to get on to hold up my part of the bargain with our teams, but
as usual, the NAQP format just sucked me in.  SO2R was limited during long
stretches when there was really only one band open.

Wow, lot of Milt's worked.  And Ron's, for that matter.  Nice tributes.

The QRN on 40 was terrible.  I was sure that the lower frequencies would be
useless, but 80 and 160 were decent, and I was sucked in again.  The problem
with these casual efforts is that the multipliers are low -- you gotta be a
little more intense than I was to make that number go up!

Congrats to the high scorers out there.  It looks like the August NAQP has
really been on an uptick in the last few years.  Even with sub par conditions
it is really a blast.