[3830] NAQP CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 10:57:30 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

  160:    4     3
   10:    9     3
-------------------
Total: 1208   171  Total Score = 206,568

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Let's see...an operator fighting a health-battle--and winning it--but not nearly
100 percent again yet.   Operating from an unfinished room, temporary setup,
with unfamiliar rigs.  Who hasn't done any serious contesting in over a year.
No rotators, no antenna switching, no low-band RX antennas.   Not a
prescritpion for success (great for excuses, though).
But...Chuck called Friday afternoon and asked if I wanted to try it anyway.
Impossible! Too late! Forget it!  OK, WTH--see you tomorrow...

Folks who called on 160 may have noticed...that I couldn't HEAR them.  It
sounded like a band...but it wasn't.  After the contest, we discovered that it
was the radio itself (one of his new K3's) on that band.
I heard a grand total of 5 signals on the band and worked 4 of them.  Apologies
to all callers.  And, yes, we're looking into that rig.  But, those lost Q's and
mults...can't get 'em back now.  Not the finish I had in mind...

Chuck's new shack sould be finished next week, and we'll start assembling a
real station, with several improvements.  My CLL treatments are going well and
I should be back to full-strength in a couple of months (Doc predicts full--and
lasting-- remission).  Chuck's XYL now back from recent hospitalization and on
the mend.   Most of the antennas are fixed from ice-damage last spring and
working again.  So, while all the arrows are pointing up...they were still
kind-of sideways this time!   That's OK, it was great to be back on!

See you this fall...

Geo