[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 13:43:23 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Winter, WI

  160:   10     9
   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  520   140  Total Score = 72,800

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Comments:

I spent the first hour on 10 and 15 figuring they wouldn't be there later in the
day, and they weren't. Ten was open short to the east with strong signals,
probably Es, but few were there. Fifteen was also open with weaker signals.
After an hour I figured 25 mults on 10/15 was as good as it was going to get
and went to 20. Twenty was good with an endless supply of stations to work. Of
course everyone was there for the first 4 or 5 hours of the contest. It was
nice and quiet. Forty was already long by the time I went there in the late
afternoon, but it was reasonably quiet here in northern WI. Eighty and 160 were
very noisy. I never worked a WI station, not even N9CK, until I went to 80. I'm
always amazed how many stations with high QSO totals I never hear on any band.
I swept each band at least once, but still managed not to work a lot of
stations that are operating all 10 hours.

73
Jim WI9WI