[3830] NAQP CW W0CO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 16:50:32 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0CO
Operator(s): W0CO
Station: W0CO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

  160:    7     5
   15:    9     4
Total:  449   115  Total Score = 51,635

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM SantaFeTrail-MtnBranch

Comments:

40m was best band with low noise and good antenna performance.

80m was very noisy here (abnormal for my rural location) and
QSO rate suffered.  A lot of signals were in and out of the noise level that
was varying 10 to 20 dB.

15m & 20m I suffered from bad planning on my part.  A tree fell in the
woods and took down my E/W antennas for these bands and this was discovered
only the day before the contest.  I attempted repair Saturday morning, but the
result did not perform very well and it was a very long afternoon before 40m
got going.  I will check the antennas earlier before the next contest.

Had a great time, stayed in the seat for 10 hours and did my best.  Worked a
close friend, AD5XD, for the first time in a CW contest and that was great
fun.

73, Brad W0CO