[3830] EUHF Champ IY1A(IT9RGY) SSB Only HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 17:05:01 EDT 2016

European HF Championship

Call: IY1A
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IQ1RY

Class: SSB Only HP
QTH:

  160:          22     18
   80:          43     32
   40:         243     55
   20:         256     57
   15:         104     53
   10:         106     42
---------------------------
Total:   0     774    257  Total Score = 198,918

First of all a BIG thank you to IQ1RY ARI Bra team to let me use their station
to have fun :)

Two weeks ago I was drinking a beer with Filippo IZ1LBG near Torino, since I'm
moved here, when He sad to me about this contest @IQ1RY: Filippo running MIX HP
and me running SSB HP as IY1A!
So, here We are! Every band QSY was according with Filippo's strategy so no way
to be really competitive and, to be honest, I don't think I could have been a
chance against LY4A... but probably I nice match with the S5 friends! Congrats
Roy!!
I was on cqcontest.net with some others and We had a big fun watching and
running how was going on, especially with 8S0C and HB2K my main target. Thanks
guys!

Tha station worked fine and really comfortable: everything automatic is
amazing!
I used almost all time the optibeam 11-3 at 15m, 2ele on 40m, 80m loop and dipole
for 160m.
The lack of QSOs on 80m is due to interference with Filippo on 160m, so I had
some easy Mult with 100w.

I have for sure some highlights about this contest:
- ES7GM, M0WUT, LY4A and others replying with my name in the pile up....It's a
pleasure a QSO with you ;)
- Late on 80m I was listening a big-clear pile up and I thought "I know
this timing". Tonno ES5TV was running as I remembered when I worked him
the first from 4O3A: "TU"-"full call 59 xx" -
"TU". Fantastic listen him running.

So, That's it..........for now!! ;)
See you soon!
de Gabry IT9RGY/1