[3830] Aug UHF AC0RA/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 21:48:45 EDT 2016

August UHF Contest

Call: AC0RA/R
Operator(s): AC0RA
Station: AC0RA/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN41bw

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:   13    11
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  143    66  Total Score = 36,036

Had a great time this year with some different goals in mind. I wanted to try
and collect grids for my own vucc on the 3 bands I operated on but still be
rover. Most of my qs were from the local hill but I did visit 4 grids total.
Best dx on 10ghz was with w9zih/w0zq/r both about 150 miles on ssb. On 432 best
dx was n4qwz at 470 miles on jt65b but toward the end of the sked probably
strong enough for cw. Also worked ok1dfc on 432 at my moon rise to give him
state number 47 for WAS. Only 100w brick and 15 elements on 8ft boom on 432. On
222 best dx was to k8tqk at 490 miles on cw but heard him for a while on ssb
working others.

Looking forward to the contest next year and how the new rules will change
things a bit.

73 Wyatt
AC0RA/R