[3830] Aug UHF VE3CRU/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 9 14:21:56 EDT 2016

August UHF Contest

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: FN03, FN04

  222:   4      3
  432:   7      4
  903:   1      1
  1.2:   7      6
  2.3:   0      0
  3.4:   0      0
  5.7:   0      0
  10G:   0      0
  24G:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  19     16  Total Score = 1,296

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I ran 2 grids from 2 locations for each.  Propagation was horrible, non-existent
in fact.  Having only qrp 2.5w on 223.5 to 4 elmts was restrictive, likewise
running 902.1 FM at 20W.  Only 2 stations worked south side of Lake Ontario,
with 3 bands  one location from KF2MR/r, only one with powerful K2LIM MO.  N2PA
MO  running 700W was heard very weak many times on 432 but I could not get his
attention, most unusual.  Furthest west was VE3ZV EN92vw, south as mentioned
above likewise east.  A total of 5 unique calls in VE3.

Full grids operated from:  FN03rv, FN04ra, FN03nx and FN04na in that order.

Thanks to all who teamed up to sponsor this event, and to all who participated,
and all who worked me.   Starting next year, new challenges and more excitement
that will see scoring position changes for some.   I welcome the changes.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R