[3830] CWopsT VE7FO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 11 00:34:06 EDT 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Aug 11

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vancouver

   80:   2      1
   40:  27     18
   20:  40     40
Total:  69     59  Total Score = 4,071

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3, P3, Alpha 9500, 63 yr old TH3 at 50 ft, 40 and 80 dipoles with apices @ 40
ft

Oh man, when am I ever going to get out of the 60 Qs bin?  Had a nice run of 40
Qs on 20 for 1st half but everyone deserted me so off to 40 m.  Band noisy, most
signals weak, rate falls off alarmingly.  Try 80 for the last 5 min - 2 Qs. Yuk

On the plus side, I felt a lot more competent than usual, not many mistakes.
No doubt thanks to fairly consistent participation in CWT.  Thanks, everyone.

Somehow I gotta get more callers as that's what's limiting the rate these
days.

73, Jim  VE7FO