[3830] WAE CW K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 14 20:38:22 EDT 2016

WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 27:55

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  175   170   117
   20:  445   444    98
   15:   52    52    46
   10:    8     8    14
-------------------------
Total:  680   674   275  Total Score = 371,250

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, zepp.  Conditions much better on the second
including some 10M QSOs and more 15M QSOs.  Probably missed many QSOs on 15M
Sunday while at church and family dinner.  Early Saturday morning, the CAT line
for rig control failed and I manually entered the frequency in N1MM Plus for
several hours.  Had difficult with what I thought at first was local noise
covering weak signals, but finally determined that the relay in the transceiver
was intermittent in returning to full receive.  First turned off the QSK and
that helped some, but didn't cure the problem, so I swapped out the MP for the
spare MP.  That cured both problems, CAT line worked and relay was reliably
returning the receive antenna to full receive.  Hope I didn't miss too many
callers due to the problem on Saturday.  More fun to operate after changing
rigs.  80M was solid noise here and I couldn't identify any European signals on
that band this year.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.