[3830] MDC QP W3LL Standard HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 15 17:27:39 EDT 2016

Maryland/DC QSO Party

Call: W3LL
Operator(s): W3LL
Station: W3LL

Class: Standard HP
QTH: MD

  160:
   80:           19
   40:          180
   20:          899
----------------------------
Total:   0     1098     0  Mults = 110  Total Score = 120,780

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With my SteppIR MonstIR on the ground and with an Off Center Fed Dipole in the
air at 50 feet I thought it may work out better to forego the Worked All Europe
Contest and put my time to better use in the Maryland QSO PARTY.

Noon Saturday started with search and pounce but getting nowhere with not many
ops working the party calling CQ. So I went to lunch and came back with a game
plan of running exclusively. This usually doesn't work well with only a dipole
but the 1500 watts behind it made all the difference.

The N1MM+ short term rate meter hit over 200/hr on quite a few occasions. It
got so that I couldn't take my butt out of the chair to get anything. The calls
just kept coming.

This turned into a superb contest with a score over twice my 2011 score.

Let's thank the sponsor for hosting a superb QSO party.

73,

Bud W3LL