[3830] WAE CW VY2ZM(N6GQ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 15 19:11:50 EDT 2016

WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): N6GQ
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI

   80:  200   200    39
   40:  480   480    46
   20:  662   638    50
   15:  412   412    46
   10:   65    65    25
-------------------------
Total: 1819  1795   206  Total Score = 1,936,568

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I arrived on Thursday after a redeye flight for which I got about an hour of
sleep on. I was up til about 1AM localtime on Thursday night as well with work
and family issues, and so by the time 0000z rolled around I was already tired
and thinking this will be just a casual experience of maybe 8 or 10 hours and
then I'd need to sleep the rest of the time to catch up.

For my first WAE attempt, I ended up going about 34 of the 36 allocated hours,
with a few breaks in between. The station played like superman of course and I
felt loud always. Hearing the high bands with absolutely zero noise at all
hours of the day was a treat, and I have to say, working Europe on 80M at 2.5
hours before local sunset is a treat! The view out over the water was
breathtaking.

Congrats to DL4NAC and K1LZ also for a great showing. I heard you both often
and you were always moving along well. I was moving slowly - half the time
either mostly asleep or almost hallucinating from lack of sleep and many many
times having to really concentrate on just which buttons on the keyboard do
what. Not my best showing but certainly one of the most fun. I also kept my
send speed relatively low, and actually enjoyed the QTC process - gave me more
time to catch a wink ;)

Thanks again to Jeff (K1ZM/VY2ZM) and his wonderful wife Miriam - you both made
my stay unforgettable.

73 de N6GQ, aka YN2AA, 4K9Z, 9H3ZZ, etc, etc. and maybe soon with my own VY2
call ;)