[3830] NAQP SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 02:34:50 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:57

  160:   14     4
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  509   154  Total Score = 78,386

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

Good conditions on all bands except 10m. The score, while not high, was a
personal best for me for the Aug SSB NAQP.

 The "Searchlight" propagation on 15 was interesting. .  . clusters
of stations worked in succession.  Almost like Es on 6m.  For example, worked
about 6 MD stations on 15 but not a single PA qso; then band moved to favor WV
but not OH until half an hour later.

Realized a few days ago that the cement truck that delivered our cement for the
Rohn 45 clipped the NE Beverage.  So in the afternoon break, went down the road
in 97 deg heat to make repairs.  On 20m it was vital, as noise was high on the
40m DE Zepp that we use for that band. Just two weeks now until big tribander
goes up, so will actually have a "normal" 20m antenna.

Moved W0ETT to 10m from 15, and was surprised to actually hear Ken! My neighbor
N0KQ provided the 2nd 10m Q and multiplier.

August NAQP is always a tedious contest, and this one was no exception to the
rule.