[3830] NAQP SSB WA3AER Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 11:56:04 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  239    57  Total Score = 13,623

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Northwest #4

Comments:

Limited to having use of only the 80/40 inverted-V, this was a noise-filled
operation for me. It may be time to go hunting noise sources in the area again,
but I suspect the Olympics and TVs to be the prime culprits. Typ. S7-S8 last
evening.
The plan had been to make 100 Qs on each band. I began on 40M before it got
rolling, took a dinner break and went back to 40 again before going to 80 late
in the evening. That change might have been best done at least an hour earlier.
I finished off the evening on 40M and needed to move Run freqs. to avoid
(local?) QRN that cropped up. Both Run and S&P employed to try to keep Qs
flowing.
I do enjoy the NAQPs because they feel more friendly, and the playing field is
somewhat leveled by the power limit.
Tnx for all the Qs. GO PVRC!

Equipment:
K3/100 + P3