[3830] NAQP SSB W5MX M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 13:03:23 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX AJ4A KJ4YLR
Station: W5MX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 11:17

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1187   167  Total Score = 198,229

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Tried a M2 effort for the first time from the new contest site. Threw up a
couple of wire antennas for station 2. Figured out all the networking stuff
shortly before the test and was ready by contest start. As many have noted, 10
and 15 were nil/minimal in this part of the country.
Thunderstorms in the area for about 4 hours of the contest made it VERY noisy.
Had to QRT for about 45 mins when one of the storms was right over us.
Did well on 20 and 40. 80 is normally the big money band for domestic contests
from here but just couldn't get anything solid going, storm noise was
incredible, and the same on 160. I normally hear well on 160 but not this time.
Constant noise over S9 even on most beverages. I know there were several calling
I could not pull out so apologies for that.
Had a great time with AJ4A and KJ4YLR coming down for the contest. Thank you to
all for the Q's and will see you all in the next one!
Bryan
W5MX