[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 23 16:42:22 EDT 2016

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV

  160:    2     2
   15:   28     9
   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total:  442   111  Total Score = 49,062

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Northwest #3

Comments:

I really felt whipped after Finger Lakes trip and thanks to inaccurate WX
forecast of flooding Sunday rain felt the need to finish mowing grass which
took away 2 hours of prime time.

I have no complaints except for much less activity than January NAQP's. 20 was
decent with some Es into mainly 4 and 5 land and i was able to run pretty well
for a few stretches. On 75M no one was on 3803 at 01Z, so I solved that anomaly
by a quick run of 100 stations until it dried up. The precip static level was
quite low, but basically no one was on 160 at 02Z and I QRT'ed before 0230Z.
Log uploaded to LOTW and submitted. I worked a lot of 2 X 3 calls of fairly new
hams; direct QSL's are fine if needed.

It was much more fun than CW with higher rates and faster runs. Thanks for the
QSO's. It looks like most of the PVRC was not in the test mood or did not enjoy
operating based on multitude of less than 10K scores.

73, Jeff