[3830] OhQP K8BKM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 28 11:08:26 EDT 2016

Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 2:18

   80:   22     37
   40:   11      3
--------------------
Total:   33     40  CW Mults = 21  Ph Mults = 29  Total Score = 5,300

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very part-time operation in between projects around the house and a passing
thunderstorm. Didn't even attempt 20 meters. Could barely hear Ohio on 40 and
80 until around 6PM local. 40 never produced much because it went long early.
Hard to find any Ohio stations among the KS QSO Party and RTTY contest. For me,
80 was the only band. Gives me an appreciation for having the MiQP in April.

Many of the phone operators obviously didn't read the recent NAQP operating
suggestions thread on the CQ-Contest reflector. Lots of "please
copy...", studio audio, "QRZ" with no call, and unnecessary
chit-chat. More of a special operating event than a contest for many on 80.
That's okay - you're exercising your privileges.

73, Tom
K8BKM